Saturday, July 03, 2004

TURNOVER STARTS

Turnover starts yesterday, damn it was too busy yesterday, I had to supervise my 4 ojts then at the same time ,teach the new sys ad,. Accdg to this new sysad ,he came from IBM working as network engineer and he specializes in windows but I don't know if it is true because when he did actual evaluation on one of our LAN servers (running in win2k advanced server) he keeps looking for .chk , i think that is a scandisk file log , as far as i know NTFS doesn't have that file because it will not run scandisk if you did not turn off properly. Anyway, Im not critizing him, one thing more, he only knows basic commands in Linux so I had to teach him different things, configuration of different services esp. Tomcat Server because we have a big client running jsp pages.

He was given 1 week observation and I will be the one to decide if he is qualified or not, for me, I have no choice but to recommend him because it will be a long turnover period if they get another person for this position. I really want to turnover all the things as fast as I can. I will share all the things I know so he will appreciate Linux


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home