Sunday, September 28, 2008



bilis ng araw...back to work :(

it's already a month since I started here in my new work, comparison?well, financially wise, its better here but in terms of security, not sure yet. anyway, my plan is just short term. It's really hard to come down for interview abroad if client will shortlist your profile then I failed, that sucks.
My current job has less pressure and most of the time "petiks", I just monitor the servers and seldom do system works. Boring in some way, less work but more money, but in some way, you tend to become lazy. The platform we used here is quite identical, only difference is we used win server 2003 and web server 2008 here, and all desktops are using XP. What I am really impressed with it is they're very cautious about software licenses :)
Perhaps, I just stay my ass here just for a couple of months then save some money. At the same time earning some work experience.

Many new versions just come up recently, we have the firefox 3.x which I had issue before with some of our https/SSL certificates, then we have the security feature of telling users if a website is a suspected attack site, that caused panic to our boss, thinking our servers have problem and in a way thinks that machine was compromised. geez, we had to add exception just to make it work. I wonder how mozilla or search engines diagnose such thing.
Google's own Browser was released, i tried it but the design was quite lame, but it's fast and some features on it, but I still like the Firefox. Though I am a google software user, mostly all google utilities and add-ons I installed it on my lappy esp. the toolbar so I can retrieve my bookmarks anywhere I want. I also use Gmail Drive shell extension which I'm wondering why Google has no official site about that.

Then we have also the URL adding of "&fmt=18" to get HD version from youtube.

Err, I was back to desktop after my office laptop was used by one of managers, I have no choice, I missed it, it's a Dell Vostro 1400


post again next week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home