Friday, July 16, 2004

FAREWELL my OLD PC 
  
 

 
 

   I am planning to buy a new pc but I have to give my old pc (on the right side) to my brother for them( niece/nephew) to use it for school works. I consider it as one of my precious possession since it has a sentimental value  for me. This PC is with me since 1995 and luckily is still working right now.Hardware specs:P100,128MB Ram,4MB S3Virge,52xcdrom running dual boot win98 and slackware 9.1 kernel 2.4.24.
On the left side was given by my uncle its a old Compaq presario P75,128MBram..running win98 and freebsd 4.8
 
I missed doing screenshots..this was the last screenshot i had
 
http://members.lycos.co.uk/niwrad/screenshots/new%20screenshots/v1ny4rd.png
 
 
Mozcom Xperience
 
We went to mozcom data center this afternoon coz one of our server will be pullout and replace it with our server. I had  to do some little configurations with the machine before it will go live.
Now I had my conclusion that the problem we experienced before regarding machine's not pingable after couple of mins but pingable on their own network, the problem was on the network service company where the machine will be stationed, they don't want to admit that the problem was on their side..Another one of our machines (Mac) quite same problem bec. it dies out for couple of mins.. It is because they change the switch from half duplex to full duplex which was I think not supported by the machine's hardware/software..tsk tsk tsk
 
Now at mozcom, it is still up and no intermittent connections experienced.  Got to see the server room with lots of leased line modems, etc..got to see also the OS they used for workstations ..they are all running Linux, i'm quite shy to ask for the distro but im sure its not redhat..i guess its slack..good choice
 
..........


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home